"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Monday, January 25, 2010

Some highlights during January

Over the past month, I have been able to be involved in many different ministries and I have had the opportunity to plan some fun events. In the beginning of the month, I had the opportunity to visit the women’s prison here in Quito. Most of the women are in the prison for drug trafficking. They are from all over the world. My friend is involved in playing worship music and leading a Bible study every week. I went one morning and I helped to lead worship for the women. What an awesome experience being with these women as they worshiped so freely and without any reservations. I was also able to spend a short amount of time with a group of college students who were here doing a short terms mission trip. Last minute, I was asked to translate a sermon in front of about 50 people. Well let’s just say I added my own interpretations as I went along.
I have been continuing with the field trips, cooking classes, and English club. The field trips have been a wonderful ministry to the kids. They absolutely love them. Thank you so much to all those people who have helped make the field trips possible.
This past week, was filled with a Spa Day that was planned for the women who work at the orphanage. We did manicures, pedicures, massages, facials, and even cut one woman’s hair. All of the women received a gift bag with soaps and lotions. They were so appreciative and they let us know. The majority of them had never been pampered like that before.Some of these women live in areas with no running water, so they were very thankful.


All the women got a manicure, pedicure, and facial

The gift bags that the women received

1 comment:

  1. Good job adding your interpretations to the sermon. If the whole orphangae thing doesn't work out, you can be a spa lady who preaches at the same time. Find it at Jobs.com

    ReplyDelete