"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Babies


Welcoming Ismael to his new home


In the past two weeks I have gone to the hospital to pick up three different abandoned children to welcome them to the orphanage. I also received a three year old little girl the other day who was brought to our orphanage. Two of the children were in a local hospital and one of the children we had to travel to the border of Columbia, a five hour bus ride with a newborn baby! Today I went with the social worker to pick up a baby girl who will be going to our orphanage in the city of Latacunga. We arrived and the social worker had to rush off to another appointment. I was left with the newborn baby, 3 huge bags of donations, a camera, and important paperwork. I was given very quick instructions of where I needed to go with the baby as well as what to do with the paperwork, etc. I got into a taxi after carrying this huge load, to bring the baby to a clinic for a doctor’s appointment. As we were driving the taxi driver said he couldn’t drive any further because the street was blocked off. So I had to get out of the taxi, carrying all of these things a few blocks until we arrived at the clinic. I then met up with one of the caregivers from Latacunga and I was able to go make copies of all the paperwork. What I thought was just going to be a 1 hour event, turned into a 4 hour event. I love welcoming the new children into our home. It’s really a blessing for them to be placed within this particular orphanage. The care that they receive is truly extraordinary. With so many new children, we are looking for people to sponsor some of these kids. Since I am also in charge of the sponsorship program, please contact me if you think you might want to sponsor one of these kids!
Scrubbing up


Receiving Ismael from his nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment