"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Roles

One of the little baby boys who I brought home from the hospital almost 2 months ago, was in the hospital for a while because they found a mass in his throat and he was having trouble breathing. He had a trach inserted and came home a few weeks ago. He has to be in his own room so that he doesn’t get any infections from the other kids. I laughed to myself the other day as I had scrubs on, complete with a mask and gloves, and was suctioning his trach. Am I qualified for this, probably not! I love all the different roles I get to be in during the day here. Sometimes I’m psychologist; I worked with a family who came with their adopted children who are now teenagers just to visit their birth country. In the course of their visit, we located their birth mother. I worked with preparing the teenagers for this visit. Sometimes I’m social worker; a few weeks ago I went to investigate where a birth family who abandoned their children was living. Sometimes I’m tour guide; leading individuals and groups around the country. Sometimes I’m physical therapist doing different activities and exercises with the kids. Every day is different that contains new experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Jennifer. The life of being everything you ever dreamed of. Glad you are there and loving it. Keep growing, learning and becoming greater my dear friend. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete