"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Saturday, January 14, 2012

English Classes

This past week I began teaching English to two little girls who will be adopted in the very near future to an American family. These girls are so sweet and I love having the 1:1 time with them. Their personalities totally change when they realize they have my full attention and are not competing with 10 other children. To make it even more special, they come up to my apartment. I speak in English the whole time, and one of the girls (6 years old) repeats everything that I say – even though she really has no idea what I am saying. Sometimes she will even start making up her own language. We sing, read, play, and do some activities on the computer. It’s also really great for them to have time together as they will be sisters in the near future. We’re going the full immersion route for 45 minutes each day – we’ll see how much they can pick up in this next month before I leave for the States again!

1 comment:

  1. At least you don't have to teach them Italian! Good job my friend. You are a master at English. Italian might come in near second;)

    ReplyDelete