"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cuy, Cows, and Caldo

Yesterday, one of the teachers invited me to her parents´ house, which is in southern Quito. They were very hospitable, serving me a traditional Ecuadorian meal of cuy (guinea pig) and a LOT of food. So I tried my first Ecuadorian cuy, well actually my first cuy ever. I apologize to all of you guinea pig owners. It was a day of firsts, as I also milked a cow for the first time, held a goat, and drank the milk straight from the cow (in a glass).


Eating cuy



My new friend, a baby goat (chiva)


My first milking experience - wow!

2 comments:

  1. Muy bien! Now the guinea pig sounds interesting....do they have dipping sauces, such as ranch or buffalo? Just an idea you may want to throw out to them...it seemed to work for Applebees:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling Jenelle that we should get a goat, she shoots it down time and time again, maybe you can talk some sense into her

    ReplyDelete