"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Starting School

The new students, who will be joining my school in September, had an orientation week of classes. I will be teaching English to students from kindergarten through high school. I am told to speak only in English, which can result in some severe confusion. I may have to modify this rule, once classes actually begin. Most of the students are excited about learning English, and they greet me with ¨good morning¨and ¨hello.¨ For the younger students this week, we did a project making play dough and then using food coloring to learn the colors in English. They had a blast mixing the flour, water and salt. For those of you who want to try this at home, you just mix 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and 1 cup of water. This can lead to hours of entertainment!
Students mixing flour and water to make play dough


No comments:

Post a Comment