"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today we had quite the Thanksgiving feast. I hosted Thanksgiving at my house and had about 10 friends come over. It was a mixture of both American and Ecuadorian friends that I know from all different places; one of the teachers I taught with last year, some of the volunteers from the orphanage, and some people from church. On Tuesday, I went to learn from my friend's sister how to cook the turkey... Ecuadorian style. It is quite a procedure, that takes about 3 days to complete. Part of the process is filling the turkey with orange juice and white wine, and it comes out very juicy. I took 2 pages of notes while she was teaching me, so I would remember later!
My friend Amy was a big help. She stayed over last night and helped me cook up some of the side dishes and desserts on Thursday morning. We also fed the entire staff at the orphanage - about 25 people! The Tias loved trying new foods and the meal was a big hit! Here were some of the highlights; the TURKEY, broccoli casserole, pumpkin bread, homemade apple cider, apple and pumpkin pie, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment