"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Monday, November 15, 2010

It has been rainy and cold here the last four or five days. I have a sweater and scarf on right now, and I’m inside! My roommate and I have gotten hooked on the show 24. I had never watched it before, but she has the whole series. The other night we watched 5 episodes, do the math, that’s a lot of time watching a show.

I went to a meeting yesterday about teaching a values class in the public schools. I got there an hour late because of the rain and flooding. At the end of the meeting they called up my friend who is teaching this class now, to pray for her and ask her how the classes are going. After the prayer, I was called up! Now I had never actually agreed to teach. But I was prayed over and everyone came up after to thank me for my work I am doing….what work? So apparently I might begin teaching in a public school here, who knows?

The cloud forest was great that I went to last week. I jumped off a 40 foot waterfall, got to go to a butterfly farm, ate organic chocolate, and relaxed in a hammock. It was a most restful vacation. Also last week I went back to my school from last year. All of the high school students hiked a mountain nearby, so I joined up for that fun. As I was hiking I was thinking how this would never happen in the States because of liability issues. It was a super steep mountain and all the kids are spread out, most not within site. When the hike was over the kids just got on the city buses and made their way home….can’t imagine that happening at a school in the states.

Well I’m off to the gym, trampoline class tonight!


At the top of the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment