"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Monday, April 12, 2010

April Showers

"The hand"
Puppetry at its best
So we are definitely in rainy season. It has been raining consistently for 13 days. Not just any kind of rain, I'm talking downpours!
The last month has been busy with many activities, visitors, and time with friends. A group from the states came to visit and they were able to play with the kids and build some lasting relationships with them.
My two friends, Krista and Katherine, were also down for about 5 days. We got to do some fun sightseeing and also spend time here at the orphanage. Thanks for visiting!
Things at school are going well. We are in the third tri-mester. Tomorrow is teacher's day, so we have off from school. I love how this country has a holiday for everyone and all are celebrated. Amy (the other English teacher and I) have been able to break out some puppet shows, instantaneous songs, parachute activities, and some lovely crafts. I'm thinking we are ready for SNL.
The last few field trips that I have taken with the kids have been great. The last one, was with one of the teenage special needs girls. We went to the botanical garden and I gave her my camera to take pictures. She took over 100 pictures in the span of one hour. Many nice ones of my hand I might add. I'm thinking if teaching doesn't work out for me, I will be a hand model.
Parachute


Cooking class - they made flowers
with kiwis, strawberries, mint leaves, and green beans

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, Martha Stewart, with your kiwi-strawberry-green bean flower. How cute! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete