"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shell weekend

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go visit Shell, a city in the Oriente of Ecuador. For those of you who have seen the movie End of the Spear, or who are familiar with the story of the Saint family, this is where they lived.
I went down to visit another orphanage which is run by an American lady. She takes in many special needs children raging from newborns to 13 and 14 year olds. The space was quite cramped and the kids loved the attention they got. My friend and I sang for about 3 hours. I pulled out all the kids songs with actions I think I ever learned. I must say it was a little chaotic! They have just started a school on site - it is very small! All of the subjects though are taught in English so the older kids are fluent in English.
I really loved the town. It is closer to the jungle so it has a totally different feel than Quito. I would love to go back and visit this orphanage as they are expanding their space and making some different improvements.

The Nick Saint House


In the midst of some sort of game

No comments:

Post a Comment