"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Horse Therapy

Each Tuesday our special needs kids go to horse therapy. I was able to join them this past Tuesday. The farm is set in a beautiful area about 30 minutes from the orphanage. Some of these kids have been going to horse therapy for years. It is really soothing for them; they spend about 30 minutes on the horse walking in a big circle inside a big barn. I went with Rosa, one of the special needs girls that I work with daily. It was her first day going, she was nervous about being on the horse so she held onto my shoulder the entire time that she was on the horse. I got a free 30 minute shoulder massage as she bounced around. I was very impressed by this program and the volunteers that work there. I met some nice people from Germany who are currently volunteering there. A wonderful day at the horse farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment