"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

I went home for Christmas this year for almost two weeks. It was great to be able to be with family and friends. I also loved the fact that we had snow. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen snow! I know that you guys in NY are sick of the snow now, but for a short period of time it was very fun. Some highlights from Christmas included:

Playing with my niece and nephew

Christmas morning

City trips

Spending time with friends from far away and old friends from high school and college

Upon coming back from Christmas I met the family who is adopting one of our two year olds. They are a family from Manhattan with two kids, a 9 year old and a 6 year old. We had a goodbye party for Ricardo at the beginning of January. The family will be here in Quito for about 2 months in order to meet with judges and get paperwork done to finalize the adoption. I am hoping to be able to work with them, acclimating them to the city and helping with translating.

No comments:

Post a Comment