"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Interview

Five days after getting back from the States, I received an e-mail from a school I am applying to teach at in NYC next year. They asked if I could come to do an interview and teach a class. They helped pay part of the airfare so I came up on Saturday. I stopped off in Orlando and saw my parents for a couple days, and then came up to NY. When I got off the plane, the temperature was 9 degrees. I was not the most prepared for the cold. I stayed with my friend Lori from high school at her apartment in the city. The interview was this morning. I borrowed a suit from Lori (which was a skirt) and as I was on the subway it started to snow. I got off and I walked through the snow in high heels to get to the school arriving very early.

It was not the best interview I ever had. The class that I taught was a tough class and I kept having to stop because of some discipline issue. I did every classroom management technique I knew and they continued chatting/not paying attention (this is with the principal in the room). The interview itself was very informal. I will hear back next week if I am invited to the final round. I am not holding my breath. (Actually, just found out that I got invited to the final round of interviewing. I will be returning to NY in March to teach for a full day!)

So it has been a whirlwind last couple days in the United States. I fly back tomorrow and I’m excited to get back into my routine at the orphanage. I feel like I haven’t even been there for the month of January. I am now working as the Child Sponsorship coordinator which involves writing up the children’s reports for their sponsors. This is time consuming so I have a lot to catch up on. It is nice feeling connected to the sponsors and being able to write updates on all the kids. I am enjoying this new role.


I got to see some friends in NY! Stopover at Orlando Airport

Mis padres

No comments:

Post a Comment