"...If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dad's Visit


My dad came down for a visit to Ecuador. My parents both came my first year that I was here. After some “challenges” that my mom faced (altitude sickness, fear of flying and really any form of transportation) it was decided that it was in everyone’s best interest if my dad came solo this time. During his time here, we went to Papallacta (a town where there are natural hot springs), Mindo (the Cloud Forest), and spent time in Quito and at the orphanage. Our schedule was action-filled and he got to see a lot in a short amount of time. We spent time with my roommates and friends and he got to see a lot more of Ecuador than he did last time. A highlight was the trip to Mindo. We went ziplining, visited the butterfly sanctuary, saw a lot of hummingbirds, and had a really fun hike. There was also a possible bat sighting. Thanks for visiting Dad! 
In the midst of ziplining

Dad's treehouse room in Mindo

Stopping for a little juice in the midst of a rainstorm

A toucan that we saw

No comments:

Post a Comment